Monday, June 09, 2008

Disconnected Holiday

I was reading last week about the fact that with mobile phones, laptops and Blackberries, the idea of being disconnected when you are away from the office is fast disappearing.

Coincidentally on Thursday I left my mobile on London, and Vodafone had a transmitter down in the lakes so there was no 2g or 3g connectivity.

Hmm - no mobile and no laptop for the entire weekend!

Once I had got over the initial withdrawal symptoms and had run out of walls to climb, I found myself relaxing far more than I usually do and, though I blush to admit it, Tom picked up on it immediately and said - "I like it when you don't have your computer with you Dad!"

We had a great time catching fish in nets, in the heat of a perfect summer day with the mayfly dancing on the surface of the water and the small fry mouthing at them (the trout that is - not the kids).

Tom caught 15 to my 0!

Here are some of them in a clear bucket. It's fun being a kid again for a while!

No comments: